Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Importance of Education...A POEM BY ME


                   Oh California weather why have thou forsaken me,
                 why have you pushed me through these rough mornings.
                   I would have so very well liked to stay under my covers,
            but to my dismay you have forced me from my bed and into the cold world.
                        I was hidden away and safe but then life happened,
              obligations to my future have cleverly caged me in a cycle- a process.
           Was the spellbinding lure for higher education with a promise for my future
                                         just a trick, did society trick me?
         No not I, have I fallen prey to some psychotic mind fuck, some sort of cruel trick.
                            Clever little trap you lay, and I have fallen prey.

No comments:

Post a Comment