Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Quotes that have Inspired Me/ Wise Man Tale


There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.
George Carlin


When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.
Mahatma Gandhi

These are both quotes that today I randomly picked and so here is a short poem I written called Wise Man Tale.

A street walker, a bum- told me quotes are advice to the wise,
he said if you ever take the time I guarantee they will open your eyes.
I asked him did he need food or money, shelter or clothes,
he said sista-child I don't waste my time on material things, I have soul.
He was a thin man, with one gold teeth,
he smiled and said as long as I got my soul that's alright for me.
Word of the wise young child, take my advice I have enough to spare,
realize where you going before you get there.
There is only two types of success in this world,
one lead ya to God and the other puts you in the bad forever.
I've seen a world guided and bent on terror.
I blinked and then I woke up here,
the world now ain't nice young miss be careful.
I got another piece advise as well,
greed and seeking fame is a sure way to hell.
By this time I was done with the conversation- couldn't hear no more,
I left the poor man without any explanation of what he did to end up like that for.
A couple of weeks later I seen an article about a famous philanthropist who went bankrupt,
he ended up with that strange case of bad luck.
I realized it was the man on the corner of that very helpless place,
but yet he had the brightest smile on his face.
The article read-He sought glory and money and misused his fame,
he lost it all without no one to blame.
But when asked why,he said I'm just like any other guy, 
see there is more to success than the good and the benefits, 
the dark side of success always have its prejudices.
So I warn those who like me who took the easy ticket,
be careful and never take the easy way up...
nothing can come from it but inflicting your soul with a very deep cut.

-Sincerely Fay

 



3 comments:

  1. This is very inspiring. I love the background. Don't stop writing; it's good for the brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!! Yes, writing is definitely good for the brain. =

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete