Sunday, May 12, 2013

To my Mother...

You held me when I couldn't hold myself,
You cared for me when I could not.
You read to me before I even knew how,
I didn't know how to formulate the words but I knew I would love you back.

You loved me when I had no name or face,
you loved me when I turned into flesh.
You loved me with the only way you knew how.
You loved me and taught me the art of love..

You raised me up,
You raised a human capable of more,
I carry your dreams and your wishes.
You raised me to be humble, smart, and caring.
You raised me to be prepared for the world...

For that I am grateful...
I am in debt to you forever, forever and always,

-Yours forever, Fay

2 comments:

  1. Fay, I must say your poetry is outstanding and so beautifully-written. You are one talented poet!! :) I look forward to reading more. They really are so thoughtful and inspiring. I always wanted to write poetry. I guess I just don't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you...wow. I'm literally blushing, I think you should write. The best way to start is to put a pen to paper and just write. Don't think about it,just do it.

      Delete